Re: Objective-C++?

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Objective-C++?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 01:21:29 +0200

Am Dienstag, 08.04.03 um 00:19 Uhr schrieb Chris B. Vetter:

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:53:34 +0200
Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:
Am Montag, 07.04.03 um 20:35 Uhr schrieb Topher:
I've been perusing the internet for some concrete and current
information about whether or not it's possible to patch gcc to
enable Objective-C++ ala Apple's compilers.  Has anyone tried it?
If so, does it work successfully?
I think this is planned for gcc3.4 anyway (after they have the new C++
parser) or I am wrong here?

That's the current status.

Though I'm not sure whether why you would WANT to mix both (apart from
the "Apple does it" argument).

Because lot of projects that are mainly Cocoa wrappers for C++ code are waiting to be ported to GNUstep. One of those projects is Camino (formerly Chimera) a Cocoa based wrapper for Gecko <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/camino/homepage.html>. Then GNUstep would finally have a decent web browser. If that is nothing...

But I guess that's begging for flames ;-)

--
Chris

greetings, Lars