GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:44:08 +0200

Hi all,

Today I have showed gnustep to my friend, who liked it. He have installed it
with my assistence, and now knows how to use it. Installation process and
gnustep initialisation was really complicated thing to do. From this experience
i have a question... Imagine a situation...

I have just learned ObjectiveC and some Cocoa stuff from some book and from
magasine tutorials. I have learned from my friend, how to use Gorm and
ProjectCenter. I like it very much, because it is easy way of creating
applications and ObjectiveC is not very difficult language.
My knowledge:
 - do not know how much from unix shells
 - nothing about any configuration/shell profile/script files
and i do not have to know about that stuff

The only thing I have is a file manager, forget about terminal. Iam not an
experienced programmer and I am a person from non-technical area.

Can I install gnustep? If yes, how? If no, what I need to learn?

Thing is, that i would like to find some easy solution for this installation
problem. What are the possibilities for gnustep to be installable for this
person?

Thanks for any advice,

Stefan Urbanek