Re: Horizontal menus.

From: Michael Hanni
Subject: Re: Horizontal menus.
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This email addresses several issues raised so far:

--- Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

> My only gripe is that when you open a submenu, it is opened on the same top
> position
> instead to be at the position of the current submenu ... while it's the
> current behavior
> with GNUstep menus (and I prefers like that), strangely, with horizontal menu
> I find it
> odd ...

This could be fixed easily by hijacking some code from GSWindowMakerMenuStyle.

> A final thought about horizontal menus : they couldn't be rightly done as is,
> because
> you need more information than it is currently provided (ex: the quit menu
> should be an item
> in the Application menu ! )

Well, after talking with Stefan I think I'll go back to moving everything
without a submenu to the "app" menu. This solves the problem with localized
labels not getting moved to the app menu.

We also discussed adding an -applicationMenu method to NSApplication that would
allow you to modify the application menu to your liking. An "Apple" menu is
beyond the scope of this simple bundle, no? I mean most items in the Apple menu
deal with the overall Workspace as opposed to the app in question. Something to
think about though, no doubt.

BTW, until I figure out how to "play" nicely with Gorm this will not be
generally useful.

Cheers,

Michael

=====