Re: trouble with configure in solaris

From: Sriram Srinivasan
Subject: Re: trouble with configure in solaris
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:40:15 -0700 (PDT)

  Thanx for trying to help.  Here is some more info.

  1) I'm trying to install it in my home directory
(since I don't have root privelege).

  2) I CAN write to this directory, i.e. no permission
problems.

  3) I ran truss on the configure script and here are
the first 5 lines from that:

----------
execve("configure", 0xFFBEE8CC, 0xFFBEE8E0)  argc = 4
mmap(0x00000000, 8192, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE|PROT_EXEC,
MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANON, -1, 0) = 0xFF3A0000
resolvepath("/usr/lib/ld.so.1", "/usr/lib/ld.so.1",
1023) = 16
open("/var/ld/ld.config", O_RDONLY)             Err#2 ENOENT
open("/usr/openwin/lib/libgen.so.1", O_RDONLY)  Err#2
ENOENT

  Can someone tell me why I'm getting the "Err#2
ENOENT" on the open statements?  I tried "ls -l
/var/ld/ld.config" and no such file existed.  How do I
get this going?

thanx,
\Sriram\