Re: Fw: A PORT TO WIN32?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Fw: A PORT TO WIN32?
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:21:06 +0100

> iTunes is not a Cocoa application, it is written using Carbon since it
> existed under the classic Mac OS too.

Didnt know that. Ah well...

> But I also think that YellowBox for Windows still exists. Wasn't it part
> of WebObjects for Windows?

Until WO 4 as far as I know. versionm 4 dropped Objective C and also the
YellowBox The last version I have is 3.? (havent looked at that box in a long
time) but I have only ever tried it under NT. I've got the Rhapsody
pre-releases of YellowBox for windows, but they are somewhat flaky.

If I ever get the tikme to finish the work I was doing porting Renaissance
back to OS42 then the eventual aim is to run it under YellowBox for Windows
so that I fianlly have environments to develop code a deploy on Mac,
UNIX, Linux, and Win32 with no code changes. Trying to sell code to customers
when you also have to supply them with an ancient copy of OS42 is too much
of a pain these days.

-bat.