Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:22:39 +0100

Ah ... I misunderstood ... I use GNUstep built from source rather than the debian packages.

I don't know how you can get an app linked with both debug and non-debug libraries, but I can see that it could cause problems if one version of NSProcessInfo gets initialised and somehow another version from a different library then gets used (uninitialised).

Is one of the debug libraries (eg the gui library) linked with a non-debug version of the base library? Perhaps when the debian package was built the maintainer did it in the wrong order, so that the debug gui library was linked with the non-debug base library because the debug version of the base library hadn't yet been built/installed?