Re: Berkeley DB etc.

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Berkeley DB etc.
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:16:56 +0000

Le 19 nov. 04, à 17:57, Ralph Moeritz a écrit :

Hello again,

I'm designing a small(ish) application to administrate
a body corporate. I've started mapping out the problem
domain, and am nearing the implementation phase.

I initially wanted to use C++ as the implementation language
for performance and portability reasons, using the following
libraries/frameworks:

* Berkeley DB XML
* FLTK
* Boost

I've subsequently revised my decision and would like to
develop this app using Objective-C and GNUstep. A few
questions remain though:

Q1: Has anybody written an ObjC wrapper around the
    Berkeley DB C API, or do I have to do this
    myself?

no, but while you're here you can have a look to SQLClient on the GNUstep cvs -- it's a wrapper lib
for doing sql queries, with backends for databases.
Afaik there's no backend for Berkeley DB, but it would be nice to write one ;-) Instead of Berkeley DB, you could also have a look to SQLite, which seems quite nice..

Q2: Does anybody have any advice on how best to
    package a GNUstep app for end-users?

source, or .app.tgz ?

the problem of course is that the user will need to have GNUstep installed...

Q3: Where can I get a *fresh* release of GNUstepWeb?
    (gnustepweb.org hasn't been updated since last
    Oct, yikes!)

from the cvs

--
Nicolas Roard