Re: OpenGL in GNUstep example

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: OpenGL in GNUstep example
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:49:53 -0800 (PST)

--- Samuel Hornus
<prenomdotnomdotinriadotfr@nospam.com> wrote:

> Matt wrote:
> > Hi I had some issues with the gnustep NSOpenGL
> stuff
> > not working here and commited a fix to back.
>
> > here is the patch for anyone not running cvs and
> > getting 'could not find a reasonable pixel
> format...'
> > error.
>
> Hi, I tried Stefan Urbanek OpenGL example a got the
> very same problem
> (i386, debian).
> However, my gnustep-back stuff is installed as a
> debian package.
> So if I want to get this GL example work correctly,
> do I have to unintall my packages and CVS-get the
> latest one, patch it and compile it, etc... ?

Hi,

either compile back from cvs which already contains
the patch, or apply the patch to an existing release

you can do this without uninstalling the existing
package by adding the configure flag
--with-name="glfix" and from the shell
defaults write gltest GSBackend 'libgnustep-glfix'

I'm not familiar with debian,
but according to Gurkan Sengun you can add the patch
and build the .deb manually,

apt-get source package downloads the source of package
and unpacks it, and applies the debian diff.gz to it

you can do that manually getting the source package
(ds,orig.tar.gz,diff.gz) then dpkg-source -x *.dsc
apply the patch, and then "debuild"

www.linuks.mine.nu/irc/debian-packaging/ for more
details