Re: more graphic file formats

From: Karsten Fuhrmann
Subject: Re: more graphic file formats
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:45:13 +0100

Hello List,
I finally built a NSBitmapRepresentation+ImageMagick class to handle some more image formats. I figured out that ImageMagick itself is using libtiff, libjpeg and libpng like GnuStep does. So wouldn't it be nice to have just one NSBitmapRepresentation class which can handle more than 100 format read/write.

If anyone is intested in this code, i can post it on the list.

What about the NSBundle solution, what exactly does it mean?

Alexander Malmberg suggest a design NSBundle based too...

It would be great to have support read/write of  exif/gif/xpm....

I think you can borrow some Pixen code for gif writing.
see  PXGifExporter.m
( http://www.opensword.org/Pixen/ )

You can use Image apps project cvs/site .... if the code is not include
in GNUstep cvs
( https://gna.org/projects/gsimageapps/ )

Cheers
Fabien