Re: MS Windows and Threads [was: readInBackgroundAndNotify && Windows]

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: Re: MS Windows and Threads [was: readInBackgroundAndNotify && Windows]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:58:13 +0100

Hi...

discuss-gnustep-bounces+roland.schwingel=onevision.de@gnu.org wrote on 18.02.2005 12:03:25:

> Hi
>
> after some hours of research my overall impression is, that gnustep
> threads support is heavily broken on Windows 2000. Could someone
> *please* prove me wrong? :-)

We are using threads heavily under windows and they run very well.
We are not using them at present for file IO just fork off working
tasks to seperate threads using NSThread. This works as mentioned
very well.

Maybe there is a problem with the NSRunLoop or the in background
reading functionality in particular.

Roland