porting to mac os x (II)

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: porting to mac os x (II)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:01:15 +0200 (CEST)

--- Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
> To eliminate MainMenu.nib, simply remove it from the {AppName}Info.plist
> and it
> shouldn't attempt to load it anymore.
>
> Later, GJC
[...]

Thanks ever so much! This does the trick. I figured it out myself about 90
minutes ago.

Now I have two new problems:

* I tried two different ways of creating my main menu: in main.m, before
NSApplicationMain, and in appDidFinishLaunching -- no luck with either.
The menu does not appear. A default menu containing entries for hide and
quit etc. is shown instead. No idea where it comes from since I removed
MainMenu.nib.

* My GUI is assembled correctly, with some very minor differences that I
should be able to fix. It does not repaint correctly, however. Has anyone
run into this? I tried display and flushWindow, but to no avail. If I
obscure a portion of the window by shifting it to be partially off screen
or cover it with another window, then it displays as soon as it is
uncovered. A change in a window title doesn't work either -- it doesn't
show up until I cover/uncover the title bar.

BTW I am doing this work on the PearPC emulator.

Awating your comments,

Marko Riedel

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html           |

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de