GNUstep base vs libobjc

From: percy tiglao
Subject: GNUstep base vs libobjc
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:55:26 -0400

Hello, I am very new to Objective-C and I'd like to try it out for a
while (looks like the language I'm looking for, dynamic, small,
compiled, portable, and C-like)

I do not feel like stepping all the way into the NeXT framework, but
I'd like to use Objc as a development language (I'm going to be
building games, and portability to both Windows and Linux is a top
issue) If you are curious, I'm planning on SDL/OpenGL in Obj-C

I was wondering if libobjc was made obsolete by GNUstep base, and
weather or not I should use NSObject or just plain old Object if I
want to stay away from NeXT gui stuff and so forth. My main concern is
that I'd like to have it running on Windows easily without the user
installing a bunch of extra stuff. Static linkage would be great,
though i guess DLLs would be fine as well (i'd much prefer a static
.exe in Windows, solves a lot of problems :) )

In essence, I'd like to avoid dependancies as much as possible.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Percy.