Re: porting

From: Andrew Ruder
Subject: Re: porting
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:16:50 -0500

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 01:24:02PM -0400, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
> I've also been personally affected by a situation where libffi, wrt
> GNUstep, worked on one Pentium-M (earlier rev) platform, and
> absolutely failed on another Pentium-M (never rev, 400Mhz FSB).

For what it's worth, TalkSoup has -never- worked with FFI on any
box I've owned (All 32-bit x86 Linux of varying distributions).
TalkSoup's design requires -very- heavy usage of invocations and seems
to be triggering something.... it may, however, be a bug in TalkSoup
that just doesn't manifest itself on ffcall.

Alex Malmberg, I believe, had some FFI fixes that I'm not sure ever made
it in, but if I get the time, I'll probably start looking to see if I
can figure out what the problem is wrt TalkSoup.

- Andy

--
Andrew Ruder
http://www.aeruder.net