Re: GNUstep and session management

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep and session management
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:53:06 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 06:58:51 +0000, Richard wrote:
[...]
> I think we should provide a (documented) mechanism to shut down an
> application for GNUstep.  This should probably be some message that the
> application will respond to like -powerOff, which will send a local
> NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification within the receiving application and
> then call [NSApp terminate].

Might be a good idea. However what if you (you in general) explicitly *want*
your application to *ignore* NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification (for
whatever reason)?

OTOH, why not just have (sort of a forced) observer for
NSWorkspaceWillPowerOffNotification in NSApplication that just calls
-terminate: on it's respective delegate? No need to add another
GNUstep-specific method (-powerOff). Just create the observer in
NSApplication-setDelegate: and you're good to go.

Just a thought.

--
Chris