Re: GNUstep and session management

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep and session management
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 07:24:29 +0000

On 2005-10-08 14:16:35 +0000 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Saso,
>
> --- Sa¹o Kiselkov <diablos@manga.sk> wrote:
>
>> What I'm trying to say is: don't worry about peanuts. We have far more
>> important and urgent issues which _DO_ require serious and competent
>> decisions ASAP (e.g. printing is absolutely crappy (even output to a PS
>> file yields terrible results), audio support is far from existant, and we
>> don't even have a good IDE or workspace app!).
>
> GWorkspace.app isn't any good??????   Geez.   My usual response to such things
> is that if you think it's no good, then by all means write another one which
> is
> better.

I really like GWorkspace ... but it doesn't handle session management (ie
terminating all applications when it quits) ... perhaps it might be added as an
option in GWorkspace?  I'm not sure all users would want it to do that though.

BTW, I fixed some gui library problems with termination in the situation where
multiple copies of the same application have been started, and hacked in a
trivial tool 'gclose' to demonstrate application termination.