Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:38:48 -0700

Nicolas Roard wrote:
On 10/11/05, Andrew Ruder <aeruder@ksu.edu> wrote:
Hello all,

I am proposing that GNUstep migrate to using subversion (instead of
CVS).  Gna.org (FSF France) has subversion hosting, and I believe Alex
Perez has already registered a GNUstep project there.
(snip)
Any thoughts?  I would be willing to handle the migration from CVS to
Subversion of GNUstep.  I think subversion could be just what GNUstep
needs to bring all development to one centralized place and would
foster rapid multi-user development, especially for those larger, more
experimental changes to the source.

I think it would be great to use subversion, yes. And svn is reasonably close
from a user point of view, so I don't think it would be a problem.

The only thing is to find somebody to actually migrate the cvs, but if you are
volunteering, that's fine :-)

Well actually the other problem is technically, where to host gnustep
svn repository,
and how -- I don't think savannah provide a svn repository, does it ?

gna.org (also based on savane, run by FSF Europe/France) has SVN support. I have the gnustep project registered there, which I currently only use for a couple of mailing lists (-packagers and -ui)

I fully support SVN migration.