Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:35:54 +0100 (BST)

> Except of the hosting issue none of your points is a drawback over CVS
> and most of your points are far from being obvious drawbacks anyway.

Yes - the hosting is the only real issue - I'm personally for keeping the
hosting we have.

I'd like to use SVN (which, as you say, it's like a "CVS version 2") but
the official GNU hosting we have (and the stability of just keeping an
existing setup that works well) is probably more important to us than the
features we could get from SVN.

I don't think using CVS or SVN makes much difference in terms of growing
the project ... they are more or less the same thing - it might be nicer
to use SVN, maybe we will, why not, I don't see much urgency though.

This is just my personal opinion btw, and I don't really know the hosting
options so it's just that - a personal opinion. ;-)

Thanks

PS: Please excuse me if I exit this thread here (after my first post) and
won't reply to replies but I don't think I can manage to get involved in
yet another thread ;-)