Love the language & API, would like to modify the UI

From: Issac Trotts
Subject: Love the language & API, would like to modify the UI
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:51:15 -0800

I'm looking at the gui examples, wondering how to make them look and
act more like regular Win32 apps when they run on Win32.

How do I get the menu to be part of the application's main window?

The CurrencyConverter beeps instead of closing when I click on the X
button at the top right of its window (using Windows style).  How can
I make it close and not beep?

Is there a way to change the window background color to something
other than dark gray?

Pressing Ctrl-c to copy the contents of a textfield makes the computer
emit an old-school DOS beep.  Is there a way to turn off the beep and
make it copy to the Win32 clipboard?

Whenever I start an app for the first time it brings up a dialog box
with the title "Information" telling me "Server Preferences Not Set".
I would like this not to happen.  Then it brings up a dialog box
entitled "server Preferences".  In this box I can choose not to "Use
Win Taskbar" which makes it so that the next time I launch the app it
has a window stuck in the middle of the screen that cannot be moved,
resized, maximized, hidden, or closed by X-button.  I would like to
not be given this option.

The scrollbar does not respond to the mouse wheel.  How do I change this?

It's not clear to me how to make the apps launch by clicking in
explorer.  Any ideas?

I can launch GSTest.app by cd'ing to the gnustep-examples-1.0.0/gui
directory and typing openapp GSTest/GSTest.app but if I cd to the
GSTest directory and type openapp GSTest.app it reports this error:

Can't find the required application: GSTest.app!

How do I resize the windows with the mouse?

Thanks!
-ijt