Re: libxml2.dll

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: libxml2.dll
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:02:18 -0700

On 2006-03-16 10:00:03 -0700 Marko Riedel <markoriedelde@yahoo.de> wrote:

Hi folks,

I installed the libxml2 package from GNU Win32 and tried to build
startup-0.14, thinking I might have better luck than with startup-0.15.
However the configure script complains about a missing DLL, namely
libxml2.dll, which is not in the GNU Win32 package, which contains
libxml2.dll.a instead. Is there a way to use dlltool to create the DLL? Also I have considered compiling libxml2 and libxml2-devel myself, but I
could not find a TGZ or ZIP archive of libxml2-devel anywhere (I could
only find RPMs).

You might want to read the README.MinGW for instructions on installing on MinGW.

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/README.MinGW

Startup hasn't really been tested yet on MinGW.