Re: memory leak

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: memory leak
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:05:23 +0800

Marc Brünink wrote:
David Wetzel wrote:
Marc Brünink wrote:

today I discovered a memory leak in one of our frameworks. I searched till I went mad, but didn't find anything.
Has anyone a suggestion how to track this one down?

Try something like:

NSLog(@"session dealloc DebugAllocation\n%s", GSDebugAllocationList(NO));

and your will see how many objects you have alive.

Wow. This one is cool. Deep inside I knew GNUstep would have something like this :-) Great.
Did not find the bug yet, but this one will surely help. Thanks.
If anyone want to try this at home :-) you should call
too. Just mentioned for completeness.

Do we have a "HowTo debug", yet?

There is "Debugging" in Documentation/General and there is also gnustep-zones in Documentation.

Also look at Headers/Foundation/NSDebug.h