Re: PDF Viewer

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: PDF Viewer
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:29:06 +0100

Hello Marko,

I wrote one some years ago (GPSText). It does print. It also needs a2ps
and Ghostscript. But I have not tested it in a long time, as I have been
doing other things. I don't know if it even compiles anymore. You could
try adapting it to your needs, so you don't have to start from scratch.

Anyhow, hope this helps. Feel free to start a new branch if this one is
broken.

I got this app to work on Solaris 10 using

        /usr/sfw/bin/gs
        /usr/sfw/bin/a2ps

However, the display quality is rather poor compared to xpdf or Adobe (actually unacceptable). Any idea what this might be caused by? Can this easily be improved? What should I have a look for? I guess xpdf and Adobe have their own rendering engine while GPSText is usig gs. But I doubt that tjis is a genral problem of gs, rather some configuration issue!?

Thanks,

  Andreas