Re: GWorkspace seg fault

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace seg fault
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:50:28 +0200

On 2007-02-12 13:00:21 +0200 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

Stefan Bidigaray schrieb:
Still seg faulting!  The good news is that it's on a different place
now.  The backtrace is attached.

Looks like I should go ahead and protect all the cairo calls from a
missing _ct. But why is this the case? Didn't DPSinitgraphics get called
or is there no surface defined to draw on?

I can say only that, removing that -drawWithFrame:inView:, the app doesn't
crash anymore (even if I don't see how this could be a GWorkspace bug exposed
by the use of the new backend because -drawWithFrame:inView: is used for an
existing view in a visible window and also checking the rect).
Some other things I'm noticing are that views are not redrawn after scrolling
(visible in NSOpenPanel and in other places), the fonts are missing and the
alpha channel of the images resized with -GSReadRect: is drawn as black.
Moreover, I'm still having problem with -GSReadRect:. See this:

<mdfinder-trace>

I would like to ask you to
debug this. I tried to use GWorkspace myself, but it falls over because
of some missing thumbnail files.

Can you send me a backtrace of this?

Anyway, removing $HOME/GNUstep/Library/Thumbnails should fix the problem.

Cheers,
Fred