Re: The importance of civil communication on the list (was Re: Fucked up

From: Renaud Molla
Subject: Re: The importance of civil communication on the list (was Re: Fucked up gnustep-make)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:22:56 +0100

Thats true, anywhere, anytime, everybody just hates being insulted, that's human, it has nothing to do with professionalism.
On Feb 15, 2007, at 8:35 PM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

I think the issue here is not professionalism, but politeness. Really, how much more help/attention will you get, and this goes for anywhere you go, if you're insulting anyone? A great example is, step into any government building wanting something and insult (directly or indirectly) anyone in there, see how fast they'll solve your problem. Seriously, whatever happened to common courtesy?

I understand that you might be angry, but imagine it this way, were cbv to not have expressed his anger in the way he did, would we even be having this conversation? How much more work/energy is his anger, unpoliteness, whatever word you want to use, is causing? Did it get anywhere?

Just because you're polite doesn't mean you're being professional, I don't know why people try to lump them as being the same!

Stefan