Re: opengroupware and gnustpe-base WAS: [OGo-Developer] gsmake2 branch s

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: opengroupware and gnustpe-base WAS: [OGo-Developer] gsmake2 branch segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:50:31 +0100

Helge Hess schrieb:
On 18.02.2008, at 10:44, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
On 18 Feb 2008, at 09:01, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
However, OGo, on Linux, *BSD usually compiled against libFoundation

Just for completeness: I usually compile/develop against Cocoa, and it works just fine there too.

Just for the record, -base poisons the class_pointer (isa) in NSDeallocateObject by default where as Foundation doesn't (at least older implementations of Foundation don't). Therefore double releases could more likely go by unnoticed in Cocoa.

2. an object being deallocated returns a bad value from instanceMethodForSelector: or methodForSelector: ...

Hm, who knows. OGo still uses GDL1 (SOPE fork) in quite a few places, maybe those are be EOFault related issues.

One really can't say w/o detailed debugging I guess.

Indeed.

Cheers,
David