GNUStep Under Windows

From: Darin Bray
Subject: GNUStep Under Windows
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:43:41 -0500

Warning...I am a complete newbie.  I am trying to learn how to program Objective-C.  My ultimate goal is to code for the Mac, but unfortunately my only Mac is my home machine which I get very little time to work on.  As a result I was trying to setup my Windows laptop to use GNUStep so I could work on my programs more often.  I have tried installing GNUStep several ways, and have not had any success.  I tried the method using MingW (I already had this installed for compiling C programs).  This didn't work as I was unable to get all of the pieces downloaded for GNUStep.  I ended up downloading the Core and System Windows installers from the GNUStep website.  These installed fine, and appear to have all the pieces.  However I am still unable to compile a program.  I believe my problem lies in the include directories for my headers and libraries.  Could someone who is using this setup give me an example of their gcc command line to build an application.

Thanks in advance for the help

Darin
http://www.macwardbound.com