Re: LLVM

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: LLVM
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:26:44 +0000

Or to put it another way, I don't think we should be including a compiler
or runtime *at* *all* as part of GNustep - it should be "choose your
Objective-C compiler" as then it gets on with it. Possibly easier
said than done though :-)

I agree - choice is good for users - if there are more than one Objective-C compilers available, we should let users use whatever they want (even if they were proprietary).
That's great.  We love giving users a choice.

But in terms of contributions, I don't see why we should contribute anything to LLVM. We should improve the GCC compiler/runtime, or write a new better GNU GPL one. :-)

Thanks