Re: Cross-dev with gnustep make and xCode

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Cross-dev with gnustep make and xCode
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 02:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

On 30 Apr., 18:59, Andreas Höschler <ahoe...@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> xCode and tried to link against the frameworks built with gnustep make.

Just a side-note: it is called Xcode (not X-Code or xCode etc.).

> This worked with debug as the target but failed with release as the
> target. There I got an eror message "framework are not compatible,
> other platform". In the next step I tried to build the frameworks with
> xCode as well, but the frameworks generated by xCode do not include a
> Heades dir and thus are useless. :-(

Xcode has some builtin search paths for frameworks, includes and
libraries when you
create a new project. You have to edit the project settings. Note,
that a development
and a release configuration are different and you must define them
both (open
the target info window, select build settings, select configuration
"all" and replace
all "multiple values" with a consisten value).

> Is it possible to get along without xCode at all and build everything
> (even applications) with gnustep make on MacOSX 10.5? And if not how

Yes, why not? You can do everything from the commandline.

> can I convince gnustep make and xCode to cooperate? Can I continue to

Probably yes since this is exactly what I am doing with QuantumSTEP on
Xcode 3.1.
But I can't tell you how to do that exactly with vanilla GNUstep.

> build the frameworks with gnustep make and only the apps with xCode?

Nikolaus