Re: Fwd: autozone (Apple's Cocoa garbage collector) code opensourced

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Fwd: autozone (Apple's Cocoa garbage collector) code opensourced
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:25:56 -0800 (PST)

One problem here is that it's not compatible with the GPLv2.   GNUstep is LGPLv2 or later.  I'm wondering if this presents a problem for us. :/   I'm not sure if it does.

Any thoughts?

If not it would be nice to see if we could get this working with GNUstep, but it's not something that we don't already have. There's a garbage collector which is written in C called boehm-gc and GNUstep already has the changes incorporated to use it.

Thanks, GC
Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer