Re: How to add support for my language?

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: How to add support for my language?
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:07:14 +0200

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>> how can one add support for his/her first language in GNUstep?
>>>
>>> I wish to have menus in Gorm in Hungarian language!
>
>> Next do the same in gui, here things get a bit more complicated, as
>> beside the same Localizable.strings file the Panels directory also
>> should get translated. I tried that some time ago, but when saving
>> any of the translated gorm files I get a segmentation fault from
>> Gorm. I should investigate that further but never found the time.
>
> Look at this work in progress:
>
> ***** TODO gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/Resources/English.lproj
>
> $ cd gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/Resources
> $ cp English.lproj Hungarian.lproj
>
> ****** TODO Resources/Hungarian.lproj/Localizable.strings
> To translate:
> Resources/Hungarian.lproj/Localizable.strings
>
> ****** DONE Resources/GNUmakefile
>
> Resources/GNUmakefile
> -------------*
> gui-resources_LANGUAGES = English Italian Lojban Esperanto \
> German Hungarian
> -------------*
>
> ***** TODO gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/ColorPickers
>
> $ cd gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/ColorPickers
> $ cp English.lproj Hungarian.lproj

****** TODO ColorPickers/Hungarian.lproj/StandardPicker.strings
To translate:
ColorPickers/Hungarian.lproj/StandardPicker.strings

(It was my mistake, here I edited StandardPicker.strings.)

> ****** DONE ColorPickers/GNUmakefile
> To translate:
> ColorPickers/GNUmakefile
> -------------*
> StandardPicker_LANGUAGES = English French Swedish Hungarian
> -------------*
>
> ***** TODO gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/Panels
>
> $ cd gnustep-gui-ver.si.on/Panels
> $ cp English.lproj Hungarian.lproj
>
> ****** DONE Panels/GNUmakefile
> To translate:
> Panels/GNUmakefile
> -------------*
> LANGUAGES = English Hungarian
> -------------*
>
> ****** TODO Panels/GSDataLinkPanel.gorm/data.classes
> -IT'S FREE TO TRANSLATE??
> -------------*
>
> -------------*
>
> ****** Panels/GSPageLayout.gorm/data.classes
> -------------*
> {
>     "## Comment" = "Do NOT change this file, Gorm maintains it";
> -------------*
>
> ****** Panels/GSPrintPanel.gorm/data.classes
> -------------*
> {
>     "## Comment" = "Do NOT change this file, Gorm maintains it";
> -------------*
>
> ****** TODO Panels/GSSpellPanel.gorm/data.classes
> -IT'S FREE TO TRANSLATE??
> -------------*
>
> -------------*
>
> It's free to edit data.classes files? I don't think so. And you?

In the Gorm.app/ directory there I can't find any translatable file,
like:

Localizable.strings
StandardPicker.strings

Currently I don't want to translate the all names of the Classes in
the files like data.classes.

Now I'm going to build these sources in to Debian packages.

When I shall ready with these debian packages, I'm asking myself is it
safe to install these debian packages when I have alredy installed
these packages from binary, downloaded from the Debian repository?

--
Regards, Paul Chany