Re: Window manager interaction

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Window manager interaction
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:18:20 +0200

Hi,

Philippe Roussel wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:13:19AM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,

Hi Riccardo

I don't think it is expected, I get a similar behaviour with WIndowMaker.

I put the application in the background, it looses its windows and I can't get it to the front again.

Also the icon does not have the small "dot" which shows it is minimized. Also it does not respond to right-click on the icon: the windowmaker menu shows up.

I think that's a different problem : I don't have an icon where to put
a small dot as I set GSSuppressAppIcon to YES. In my case everything
disappear, not a single pixel left on the screen !
Maybe you're refering to an icon in windowmaker dock ?

By the way, to clarify, when I said 'hide' the application, I meant
using the Hide menu item.

Well, if I did not have the AppIcon, I'd have no pixel left either.
I'm running 0.92 on Freebsd, but I had the same on linux debian, linux gentoo, x86, ppc... it is a long-standing problem.

It does not happen "always" or I'd have filed a bug for it. It affects of course only GNUstep apps, but I do not know if interaction with non-gnustep apps plays a role.

Riccardo