Re: Installing GNUstep on Win32 with gnustep-system-0.24.0-setup.exe and

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep on Win32 with gnustep-system-0.24.0-setup.exe and SVN
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 01:43:36 +0100

Hi,

Paul Csanyi wrote:
Hi,

I want to install GNUstep system and development tools: Gorm and Project Center
on my Win32 system.

I have downloaded and installed the gnustep-system-0.24.0-setup.exe.

I would suggest do get both system and core.

I have set up the HOME environment variables to C:/ in
Start / Control Panel / System / Spetial (or Advanced?) / Environment
variables...
I never did anything of the kind.
In the MINGW32 shell I check out the gnustep SVN repository:
svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/modules

So I have now in C:\ the following directories:
C:\GNUstep
C:\modules

Using MINGW32 shell I navigate to
c/modules/core/make

and run the commands:
$ ./configure --prefix=C:/GNUstep
successfully,
./configure --prefix=/c/GNUstep/GNUstep

$ make
successfully,

$ make install
get error message:
Creating system tools directory: C:/GNUstep/System/Tools
Creating makefiles directories in: C:/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles
Installing GNUstep configuration file in /etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf
/bin/install: cannot open `GNUstep.conf´ for reading: No such file or directory
make: **** [install] Error 1

Why get I this error? What I'm doing wrong?
Any advices will be appreciated!

I don't know. In any case installing the "core" packages will provide you with everything,it is easier just to update everything, taking care it will go to overwrite the same file. That's why I suggest the prefix above. Then compile all core packages with --with-installation-domain=SYSTEM and install with
make GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=SYSTEM install

Adam can tell you more,since he does the windows package.

Riccardo