Re: So fast things can change - we got a FOSDEM devroom now! (was: Fwd:

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: So fast things can change - we got a FOSDEM devroom now! (was: Fwd: FOSDEM devroom request (GNUstep))
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 23:53:06 +0000

On 1 Dec 2009, at 22:05, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

We can (should) start thinking about our schedule (the deadline for the full schedule submission is 2010-01-10) and I am a happy camper now.

I plan on being there and could give a talk (or more than one if people aren't too bored by the first one). Things I could talk about:

- Objective-C 2: libobjc2 and Clang, current status, plans for the future.

- Étoilé: Where it is, where it's going, why it isn't there yet.

- LanguageKit: Supporting other dynamic languages on the ObjC runtime.

I could also do a more general talk on porting Cocoa apps to other platforms - what works, what doesn't, what to do to make porting easier.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom