Re: GNUstep testfarm reference

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep testfarm reference
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 12:34:08 +0000

On 5 Mar 2011, at 09:22, Ivan Vučica wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand -- would one need to test under Cocoa or under
> GNUstep/OSX? If Cocoa testing is needed, I could try and contribute something
> without setting up GS/OSX :-D

Running the tests under Cocoa is the goal.  In theory, the tests should always
pass on OS X, because differences between OS X and GNUstep (unless explicitly
testing GNUstep extensions) are bugs.  If a test for some Cocoa functionality
works under GNUstep, but fails under Cocoa, then the test is wrong and we
should fix it (and then fix the GNUstep code that it was testing).

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1