Re: Some general questions

From: Austin Clow
Subject: Re: Some general questions
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:14:41 -0500

Thank you all for all your responses. I have learned a lot in the last few
hours that reading the wiki didn't clear up for me (I have been reading it for
months and only just got around to joining this list,  should have done it
sooner).

In the future, I will have many more questions later about GNUstep and getting
my software ported over to it. And I will try to contribute where I can. I know
that I will start to notice a lot of the differences once I get started and
those will be reported as well.  I have been looking into the Theming that has
started to be added to the AppKit. There is a lot of interesting stuff there.

I do have a question: How can I make Ubuntu launch into GWorkspace/GNUstep
instead of Unity as default? I would like to see GNUstep with out all the other
widgets. I was wondering about the possibility of even replacing the login
window with a GNUstep app. Just curious.

Thanks,
Austin