Re: API diffs

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: API diffs
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:41:16 +0200

Le 21 juil. 2011 à 11:34, David Chisnall a écrit :

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just in case you've not see this already, this release Apple has published
> diffs against the last set of APIs, so it's easy to see what was added across
> an entire framework with 10.7:
>
> http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#releasenotes/General/MacOSXLionAPIDiffs/index.html%23//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010630
>
> Lots of new AppKit stuff, and a little bit of new Foundation stuff.

The NSOrderedSet, NSJSONSerialization are welcome additions. The
NSLinguisticTagger looks promising too.

But my favorite additions is the layout constraint support in the AppKit… I
have been waiting this feature for ages.

The other thing I really appreciate is that dragging sessions are now clearly
reified, until now it was hard to take control precisely over the dragging
(this gave me some headaches for EtoileUI).

It looks like there are some interesting small additions to NSResponder.
And it's good to see that the view-support has been added to NSTableView and
NSOutlineView :-)

Cheers,
Quentin.