Re: Odd problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Odd problem
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:37:00 +0200

On 28.07.2011 08:08, Germán Arias wrote:
On mié, 2011-07-27 at 09:35 +0200, Fred Kiefer wrote:
When you are sure about it, things get complicated :-(
You will have to find out where the delegate get set and what should
keep him alive outside of the CWService and of course, why this
mechanism isn't working.
I don't understand much of Pantomime or GNUMail, but from a short look I
think that CWService is a sort of super class of the different
connections and TaskManager seems to be the delegate used. You will have
to watch, when TaskManager gets deallocated.

I will check this, but I think the problem is with other object. The
object _delegate can change. That is the reason about why need check if
the delegate can respond to the method.

Now you are on your own. I would suggest that you write out the delegate when ever it gets set, that way you may compare the address with the one reported by gdb when the segmentation fault happens. Then you will know which object gets removed without clearing the delegate. Anyway, this problem is so complicated as it spans over different frameworks. Good luck with tracking it down.