Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:21:12 +0100

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:30 CET, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de>
wrote:

> On 22.02.2012 09:46, Wolfgang Lux wrote:
> > Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> >> OK, I get that too, looking into it.
> >
> > Me too :-) It looks like this is a bug in gui, which closes the panel
> > but doesn't abort the modal session. However, I'm not very eager to
> > fix this bug because the idea of running a preference panel in a
> > modal loop is a BIG user interface bug in the first place and that

> > really should be fixed in Zipper.
>
> I am not able to reproduce this behaviour here (OpenSuse 12.1, gcc 4.6,
> 64bit). I get plenty of horrible compiler warnings from Zipper (current CVS),
> which really should be fixed before looking deeper into any issue with that
> application.
> Could you please describe in detail all the steps required to reproduce the
> crash?

It happens, when you not use the cancel or OK button on the bottom, but when
you use the X in the top right corner of the window.

Further I noticed the following messages showing up from libobjc2 with debug
when opening and closing the preferences:
Calling [NSApplication -beginModalSessionForWindow:] with incorrect signature.
Method has ^{_NSModalSession=ii@^{_NSModalSession}}12@0:4@8, selector has
^{_NSModalSession=}12@0:4@8
Calling [NSApplication -endModalSession:] with incorrect signature.  Method has
v12@0:4^{_NSModalSession=ii@^{_NSModalSession}}8, selector has
v12@0:4^{_NSModalSession=}8

The OK and Cancel buttons don't trigger the segfault.

Sebastian