DBus Menu in Gtk theme

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: DBus Menu in Gtk theme
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:15:06 +0200

Hi all,

Since I recently installed Ubuntu 12.04, I'm only now familiarizing myself with development on desktop environments.

Unity's global menu looks quite cool. Looks like we could plug into it over DBus.
  https://launchpad.net/dbusmenu

It'd prevent adding custom views as menu subviews and any custom painting of menus, but that probably won't affect many apps (and would be optional as part of the Gtk theme, anyway).

Any thoughts?
--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net