Re: bundles and COPY_INTO_DIR precedence

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: bundles and COPY_INTO_DIR precedence
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:32:54 +0100

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Sunday, November 24, 2013 19:16 CET, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with TalkSoup. It is difficult to package, at the
request of Sebastian I am trying to fix it.

Right now, it "copies" some stuff in the GNUstepOutput bundle from its
Tools (two executables). It uses chown, etc. Sebastian can give further
information if needed.
The problem is that in the "normal" build stage, the GNUMakefile is calling
"make install" to install the dns_helper and exec_helper tool into a subfolder.
This by itself is not really a problem, but its a problem for my packaging
environment
on OpenBSD. I try it within the ports tree. At some point, make install calls
chown,
and that is not possible to work at that stage, since ports are built as
"normal" user,
and that normal user usually has no rights to chown something to root.

The patch to "fix" the issue for me is just to simply copy the files to the
destination
directory.
Yes, I got your intent, but if we have sopmething which does COPY_INTO_DIR, I thought it is better using it :)

Riccardo