Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Doc O'Leary
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:25:45 -0600

In article <mailman.9717.1387501539.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Ivan Vuãica <ivucica@gmail.com> wrote:

> I personally would love to bring about a simple desktop environment built
> around GNUstep, so that I can "dogfood" GNUstep. Currently, I cannot be
> efficient in a WindowMaker+GWorkspace-based environment; I'm simply missing
> too many things or too many little things annoy me.

I fully agree with the need, but from a "leadership" perspective I still
don't know that that is a goal GNUstep sees for itself.  Put another
way, it was said that GNUstep has 2 types of users and 2 types of
developers.  They were never explained, so I still have absolutely no
idea what those types are.  Point being, *is* a desktop environment the
kind of dogfood that is a priority at this point, or is some other
"type" of need going to provide the most bang for the buck?  This is why
I think it is so important to have the big picture all figured out
first.  Profile before you optimize.

--
iPhone apps that matter:    http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, theremailer.net,