Re: TextEdit : critical error prevents loading

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: TextEdit : critical error prevents loading
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 21:14:13 +0000 (UTC)

В Sun, 08 Jul 2018 18:08:09 +0200, Patrick CARDONA написа:

> When I try to start TextEdit, a critical error message is shown :
>
> "NSInvalidArgumentException: Tried to add nil to array"

You didn't specify the version of TextEdit, I assume it is 5.0-2?
Does it happen if you move ~/GNUstep/Defaults/TextEdit.plist away?  If it
doesn't, it is a bug that I attempted to fix (migrating some defaults to
the new types) but apparently the fix is not complete.

If you still get the exception, this could be related to your printing
problem since TextEdit does setup printing on startup (unlike Ink). Could
you please install gdb, libgnustep-base1.25-dbgsym, libgnustep-gui0.26-
dbgsym, textedit.app-dbgsym, libobjc4-dbg and run the app like this (in a
terminal):

$ gdb TextEdit
(gdb) break -[NSException raise]
...Answer "y" to the question...
(gdb) r

When you get back to the gdb prompt, type "bt" and send the output.
Thanks.