dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Re: Taiwan Rejects U.S. Copyright Demands

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: Taiwan Rejects U.S. Copyright Demands
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:32:36 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> I wonder if there is some way we can protest the US policy
> of pressuring other countries into copyright extension
> or express our support to the Tainwanese government in
> rejecting it.

Thinking . . .

I wonder if there's some agency building from which the
"diplomats" or whatsits who do these negotiations are
dispatched?  Or who makes the policy itself?

Then the question is how to "go large" with it.  Maybe pitch
the folks on the Hill who are pushing the various "fair use"
bills right now to make statements in support of a demo?
That might actually do good work in terms of bringing two
slightly different fights together.  Also would increase the
scope of comprehension on the Hill.

Or the Taiwan Embassy, on the positive side?

Just brainstorming.  I would tend to try to think of various
constituencies and things in motion, create some synergy.

There's sure to be soemthing that could be done with it.

Seth

--

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

[CC] Counter-copyright:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/cc.html

Original authorship should be attributed reasonably, but
only so far as such an expectation might hold for usual
practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no
claim of exclusive rights.