dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] (DC 7/17) NY Arena Outreach, 10/27/02

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] (DC 7/17) NY Arena Outreach, 10/27/02
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:00:37 -0500

This past Sunday, New Yorkers for Fair Use did street
outreach on 7th Avenue in Brooklyn, recruiting volunteers to
help build the strength of the information freedom struggle.

Four NY Fair Users (Brett Wynkoop, Seth Johnson and two
volunteers) approached 175 passers-by with a pitch about the
FCC planning to outlaw home recording for digital TV by
2006.  Out of those approaches, 28 people volunteered for
various roles, most commonly Press Outreach Campaigners.
That gives us a parity rate of 16%.

Combined with results from previous Street Outreach tactics,
we have added 78 volunteers to our database.

Seth Johnson