dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] Is a new version of dmidecode planned?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] Is a new version of dmidecode planned?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:14:55 +0200

[Jean Delvare]

I'm missing the correct version number.  I ment 2.7, but wrote 2.6. :)

> As a side note, I do not plan to release 2.7 for now.  2.6 has no
> known problem so far, and there aren't enough significant
> improvements in CVS to justify a new release IMHO.

Oh.  I saw the changes in CVS, and thought the new HW would be nice to
detect and report.  If you don't believe this is worth making a new
release for, I'll make a new debian package based on 2.6 instead.  (I
am working on an update of the debian package, and wanted to check if
a new version was available. :)