dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] Is a new version of dmidecode planned?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] Is a new version of dmidecode planned?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:59:40 +0200

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Oh.  I saw the changes in CVS, and thought the new HW would be nice to
> detect and report.  If you don't believe this is worth making a new
> release for, I'll make a new debian package based on 2.6 instead.

If you refer to the SMBIOS 2.4 specification, I am still waiting to see
any BIOS actually supporting it.  So we are in no hurry, really.

If you refer to the VPD IDs, they are being added almost continuously
anyway, so I wouldn't make a new release just for that.

An estimated release date for 2.7 would be around August this year,
unless major problems are found in 2.6 before then, of course.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare