dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] Dmidecode 2.8 has been released

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] Dmidecode 2.8 has been released
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:17:46 +0100

[Jean Delvare]
> Dmidecode 2.8 was released yesterday as was initially planned. The
> changes from 2.7 are as follows:

Great to hear.  I just found time to make a new Debian release.  It
was uploaded into Debian a few minutes ago, and should be available
from mirrors tomorrow or the day after.

I had no problems getting it to work, but the change of output format
(removal of trailing period in the Handle lines) made me a bit worried
that I might break systems using the dmidecode output.  I hope it will
go unnoticed. :)