Re: [DotGNU]TODOs until this weekend

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]TODOs until this weekend
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:38:45 -0800 (PST)

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > The output format IL is not copyleft either,
> > obj and elf files are not. The question is do you want to support a
> > files format and vm, strategicly yes.
>
> But not a non-copyleft tool .... if parrot moves over , imcc will be
> non-copyleft ... (but still GPL compatible)..

Even if the imcc is not GPL, you dont need it to produce
the a file that can be read by imcc, right?

I mean, the parrot bytecode generator in dotgnu can still be
gpl. If the imcc is X11, it can be converted back into GPL as needed,
or you can make GPLed extensions to it as needed.

If you are interested in my post to the perl6 list,
http://archive.develooper.com/address@hidden/msg13423.html

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont