Re: [DotGNU]System.Xml

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.Xml
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:21:03 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Third, dotgnu.xml needs to be developed as an alternative
> API for people who don't like System.Xml.  Probably based
> around libxml2.

A small addendum ... Unlike the good old Portable.net cvs
which is built with care and precision , dotgnu.xml is a hack .

But wait for about 3 days ... I'm changing the entire dotgnu.xml
code to allow calls without using any C glue libraries ... I'll
finish that and add the ./configure and similar stuff and push out
dotgnu.xml Mark II , before exams ...

So for those who want to cut their teeth into dotgnu.xml ,
I'll open the CVS commit access to anyone who may wish to hack
it... but after my refactoring is complete...