Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:02:30 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> > >"#ifdef __MINGW32__" should be avoided if possible.
>
> Is there any particular reason for this? (don't really care either way, but
> curious nonetheless).

Let me explain in detail... we have 3 possible build modes now ...

1) Gcc on Gnu and other *nixes
2) gcc on cygwin
3) gcc on mingw32
(and maybe a future MSVC build as well)..

__WIN32__ catches the last 2 (mingw32 and MSVC)....

And a lot of #ifdef's make the code really ugly ...

> >From what I found Google'ing, the setargv.obj file is shipped with MSVC is
> what cygwin users use for this purpose. I was unable to find an equivalent
> in mingw-land.

linking to setargv.obj should provide glob matching ... But well I'd rather
implement it for mingw32 than create a custom version for pnet ...

Btw, there is a glob matcher being written for pnetlib otherwise ....