Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:56:30 -0800 (PST)

--- Fergus Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now that the Mercury compiler has bootstrapped on Microsoft.NET,
> I thought I'd try it out with Portable.NET.
> But unfortunately it didn't work.

Of course nothing works at the beginning!

> Here's what happened when I attempted to run a Mercury "hello world"
> program that has been compiled for .NET.  After putting the hello.exe
> file and all the DLLs for the Mercury standard library and runtime in
> a directory, I ran

Can you run ildasm from microsoft on these dlls.
please provide them an a zip file with all these dlls.

I would like to try some of the ilasm trick them.

> Actually I didn't really expect this to run, since I was trying it on
> Linux, and some of those DLLs eventually reference Microsoft.VisualC
> which is not going to be present.

Yes, but you can extract the stubs from the missing functions

> But I think the above error message indicates a more severe problem,
> e.g. not handling multi-file assemblies properly or something like
> that.

I have done this before, it is possible to linke all this togeather
into one bit monster with ildasm and ilasm.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/